Friday, December 24, 2010

MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS SEASON!!!





The girlfriends team and a few of our friends visited the red cross orphanage on the 20th, to hang with the children. We decided to share our experiences with y'all!
  









                                                                  Liz's Experience
Being with the children at the red cross orphanage was a great experience. There were so many beautiful children, and what surprised me the most was how they called every single person (including me) "mummy". It was so sad to see that, despite their beauty, they were either abandoned or given away by their biological parents. Many of them are still looking for ways to feel the void their parents left. Some of them do so by clinging to the closest vistor and asking to be carried. One of the little girls that I really enjoyed spending time with, was a beautiful girl named Tawa, who was 4 years old. Tawa, just like most of us, is looking for love, warmth and acceptance, and so I was able to connect with her. She kept holding on to me and refused to let go even when I had to leave, I told her i'd come back to visit her (and i really hope i keep my word). I realised that these children don't just need the seasonal gifts we all give them, but they need love, attention and our time. Unfortunately, the number of children at orphanages increase everyday and with a few care-takers available, it's very difficult for the children to get all the attention they need. So it's important for us to give not just our money, but our time to these children; and not just at christmas but at anytime of the year. If you do so, you just might make them smile, even if it's only for a while. Remember, a child out there needs you, even when you don't think so!

                             A motherless baby’s mind
Where did I come from? why am  I here?
Where is my mother? Why doesn’t she want me near?
Did I ask to be born?
So why did she treat me with scorn?
Who are these others?
Where are their mothers?
Will anyone ever want me?
Is this where I will forever be?
Who are these women who care for me?
To God the glory be,
To think that I am not totally abandoned,
To think that my life could be pardoned,
I am grateful to those who clothe me,
Feed me, teach me, pray for me,
And come to show me love,
Their reward is definitely above.


Jacquie’s thoughts
There are so many things a girl wants for Christmas, shoes, bags, clothes and jewelry, but  I realized that  the clothes clothe an already clothed body, the shoes and bags just join a colourful collection and the jewelry adorn an already accessorized body!
There’s so much more to Christmas!. It is true that new things are bought during this period but that shouldn’t be the focus, our eyes should be set on the things that are free especially LOVE. This is a time to show love by works, words and action, to the poor, the sick, the prisoners, and the motherless.
I really thought the visit to the motherless babies home was a good Idea because it’s really hard to go through life without a mother; to never have heard your mothers lullaby, to look around and see no one you look like, to
share attention with so many other children, all these and more made the visit to the motherless babies very necessary, they need love, attention, food and clothes, they need people to show they care and that we want them and love them, just people to be like parents.
Sometimes just sending things is not enough they want that warm hug. I really loved the fact that we could give them that warm refreshing hug, we could sing songs to them and we could tell them stories. Even though it was short it was worth it to share love and also for us to be grateful for our  parents and appreciate them better.

- We hope that you can visit an orphanage near you, you'd be amazed by the world of difference you can make in people's lives. Happy holidays and God bless y'all!:-)

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww............u guys!! This is beautiful!!! I'm definitely going to an orphanage first chance I get. Thank you for opening my eyes even more. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete