Thursday, December 9, 2010

Have you heard...

‘Nkem can you imagine, Bukky is pregnant!’ ‘really’ I said, then next thing she begged me ‘please don’t tell anybody, please!’ those words went in through one ear and went out through the other, I thought ‘Funke knows me well, how can she possibly tell me such sweet gist and expect me not to share, and besides Bukky is annoying!’.The thing is it was always a pleasure for me to share gist, in the world of gist, I was the queen, the judge, the executive, I was the director all the actors came alive because of me, it was always an amazing thing, I always saw the faces of my listeners light up! I just said bad things about other people not them so they felt better about themselves as they judged others!.




 Today’s gist was sweet, I had to share, I just had to share, I told a few people, including; Gbenga, Edward, Simi, Toke ,Temi, Emeka... just to mention a few, if care was not taking I could have told Bukky! at least I told them not to tell anyone else, I tried!. Everything was good and I felt they were all happy with me until Funke came to me and said ‘I can’t believe it, you failed the test, I never believed Bukky when she used to say it was you who told everyone all they knew about me’ I felt so bad I tried to beg her but it was no use, I couldn’t believe I fell for that trick now no one will supply gist again, no one even trusts me anymore, in fact I really made a mistake, I did it mainly for the attention, I think the best thing is ‘if you have nothing good to say, then don’t say ANYTHING at all’

2 comments:

  1. The 'NKEMS' of the world are a disgusting Cohort!

    I basked in the aura of these Lines.

    Excellent Piece Here!!!


    Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serves her right! No good being a snitch.

    ReplyDelete