Friday, January 21, 2011

'Her Regret'

“I can’t be worse off than I am right now. I’m a mess but I can’t help it” Jenny thought.
Jenny always appeared happy and jovial on the outside, but on the inside she was seriously hurt; not by anyone but by her own actions. “Being in Gbenga’s arms last night felt great!” She forced a smile. “Oh no, not Gbenga, I meant Steven, I was with Gbenga two nights ago and with Steven last night.” She said with a puzzled look on her face.
Thinking about the different boys she had been with night after night always left her so confused. She had given herself to so many boys without even realizing it.
“I think I should go to Ikenna’s house, he said his parents were out of town when I was with him last week and that I could come over whenever I wanted to. Gosh, Ikenna is so cool, I guess I should go! What about Brian?” She thought.
“He’s just too much of a good boy, ughh! He’s so annoying” She said and began to frown.
Jenny and Brian had been together for two months, but Jenny never enjoyed spending time with Brian as much as she did with those other boys.
“Jenny let’s wait till we’re married, Jenny I love you but let’s slow down” She said, imitating Brian. “That boy is such a chicken!” she laughed hard.
“I’m out of here and off to Ikenna’s, I feel kinda sick, I can't be in this house all alone; I need some action” Jenny thought. She left her room and raced out of her house eagerly.
She got to Ikenna’s house just in time to find him with another girl. “I wonder who she is” She thought. “Ikenna doesn’t have a girlfriend! Well, except me. Wait what am I saying, I’m not Ikenna’s girlfriend; I’m supposed to be dating Brian” She nodded
“What’s wrong with me? I’m so confused! Don’t even know how I got to this point.” Jenny got up to leave, but Ikenna called her name and whispered something in her ear.
As the girl left his house, Jenny and Ikenna entered into the same room that the other girl had stepped out from with Ikenna. Just as things were heating off, his cell phone rang.
He talked briefly to his caller and shook his head while he hung up “What is it?” Jenny asked him. His reply obviously shocked her because she yelled “What do you mean today wasn’t scheduled for me? Ikenna so that’s how you see me!”
Tears filled her eyes as she spoke “So another girl is coming over? How could you do this? I know I’m not your girlfriend but don’t I deserve a little respect from you?”
Jenny got up in anger and left Ikenna’s house. She ran to her house which was just a few blocks away from his house. She could barely see, as her eyes were welled up with tears, but she made it into her house and then her room. “How could Ikenna do this? And how could I be so stupid, he didn’t even try to stop me when I got up to leave, he didn’t even say he was sorry! How could he be, when another girl is going to continue from where I left off?” she said to herself, almost yelling. “Boys are so mean, no not all of them, Brian where are you!” she cried
“I wish I had listened to him, I wish I listened to all my friends who told me to wait; now I feel like a pig!” Jenny lost all the good friends she had ever since she started ‘boy-hopping’ as her old friends called it.
“Gbenga, Steven, Ikenna and all those other boys don’t care about me; they made me believe that being a bad girl was cool! I made myself believe it too, now I’m lying here crying my eyes out” she thought. “I wish I never did all that with any of them, it’s killing me, Dear God please help me. I’m really sorry!” Jenny uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment