Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Careers- Interview with the CEO of Ldivaa Cosmetics


1)   Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Lara Odumosu, I am a British born Nigerian living in the UK. I studied TV/Film Production at Leeds University. I love anything to do with creativity, fashion, sports and love.

    2) Tell us a bit about Ldivaa Cosmetics?
Ldivaa Cosmetics is a make-up and beauty line which exists to cater to everyone who wants to look, classy and retro! Levres Lipstick is the first product to come out and is already making hits all over the world!

   3)  When did you decide to create Ldivaa Cosmetics?
I guess it is something I have always had in me, but let’s not go into history, lol. The idea itself arose two years ago when I started to do things out of the ordinary like mix two bright lipsticks together and wear them at once, I started to get a lot of comments and people asking the exact shade and brand of lipstick, mascara or eyeliner I was wearing. I couldn’t tell them to buy ten different brands of make up like I was and start mixing to get the desired effect, so I decided with the strong encouragement of my fiancé to start my own makeup line.



4)     What sets Ldivaa Cosmetics apart from other cosmetic brands?
Ldivaa Cosmetics has a CEO that is not in it to make the money but to satisfy clients. As a woman, I have of course experienced a lot of disappointments when it came to buying make up that suits me perfectly. Sometimes you find the perfect lipstick shade but it’s too oily or you find the perfect texture but they don’t have the shade you like. The list is endless. The plan is to bring out cosmetic solutions that have not yet been dealt with. This is already happening with the Lipstick range. I personally found that I love the retro colours but most brands do them too glossy and it just does not look right on my big lips as an African woman, or they are so matte that they just dry out your lips badly. We have been able to deal with that problem now, our lipsticks give you a wide range of retro colours but don’t come glossy or oily and yet has a bit of lip balm in it to keep your lips moisturised. I could go on but, I’ll just stop here as I’m sure you get the gist.
      5) Are you involved in any other business?
Yes I am, but I won’t disclose just yet, it does have to do with TV AND Film though.

6)  What challenges do you face as a young female entrepreneur?
A lot, you do get people criticizing in the beginning and laughing at you that you are a dreamer, but like I said recently on twitter “Cheat on your fears, break up with your doubts, get engaged to your faith and marry your dreams!”, plus when you have the right family and friends around you, always supporting and encouraging, makes all the challenges interesting to deal with.

7) What inspires you?
My first inspiration is God, my relationship with Him gives me a constant reminder that I can do anything. Next are my parents who support me in whatever good thing I do no matter how crazy it may sound, then my husband to be who unlike a lot of African men is always beside me all the way, and finally my sister who is my best friend.

      8)  Entrepreneurs that are your role models.......
My father Jimi Odumosu, Tyra Banks, gosh there are loads of them.



9) Your philosophy.........
Hmmm, my philosophy…. Well my thing is, put God first in all you do, keep the right people around you and understand that mistakes are bound to happen, never beat yourself up over it, learn from it and move on!

10) Your advice to girls who would like to be entrepreneurs......
Girls, work hard and when you have a great idea, just get started, get started! When you do, you will find that you can only keep moving on, don’t worry about all the difficulties that may lie ahead because Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair all day, it keeps you busy but gets you nowhere, at least once you’ve started you have no choice but to continue because giving up is not even an option!

11) Where do you see your business and yourself as an entrepreneur in the next few years?
I see Ldivaa Cosmetics becoming a massive and well-known brand around the world, tending to the needs of women (and men in some cases) when it comes to make-up and beauty thereby giving Nigeria a good name yet again. As we can see that is already happening with music and movies. I am very proud to be Nigerian!

For more info on Ldivaa Cosmetics, follow @LevresByLdivaa on twitter and also look out for http://www.ldivaa.com/ coming real soon!

3 comments: