Friday, August 2, 2013

Don't want to live a 'doughnut life' by Elizabeth O.



Today I'm so inspired and just so thankful - for life, my family and most of all my salvation; that to me is the greatest gift I could ever have. I love God so much and I want to serve Him till the day I die. My life doesn't mean anything without God! I wonder how people survive - getting up everyday and living life not knowing the beauty in the death and resurrection of my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ; it's really sad to see that a lot of people don't embrace this.
God is more than a figure of authority in my life, He's a friend, a helper, a comforter and my EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING. My life has no essence without God in it. Sometimes, when I don't read my bible and think about God I feel empty and not just that, but also guilt and loneliness overpower me till I meditate on His word and then suddenly I become stronger.
                         
I'm not the perfect Christian, I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect Christian; the beauty of God is that he loves you irrespective of who you are and what you've done. God is not like those parents who pat you on the back for doing good on Monday and slap you on the face for doing something wrong on Friday. With Him it's always words of encouragement and wisdom - that's what you get by spending time in His presence. He gives you an opportunity to grow, and the best part? He's patient with you! God allows you to crawl, walk and then run. He waits for you, smiling and rejoicing as you reach each milestone. 

I really just needed to share the beauty of God with you. I know what being lonely and miserable is like, trust me almost everyone has felt that at some point in their lives. One thing I'm sure of is that if you open up yourself to God, He will NEVER reject you. It's okay to find solace in friendships and relationships with family but the truth is that there's NO love like God's love. It is and has always been the GREATEST love!


"If life without Jesus is like a doughnut in the middle of your heart, then I don't want to live a doughnut life!" ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment