Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Going the extra mile....

The Girlfriends Team came across Ronke Olatunde, a beautiful young lady who shaved her hair in support of a cancer patient - a very rare act these days! We decided to have a chat with her...

1. Tell us a bit about yourself?

I'm just a simple girl. I like to believe I'm hard working. I love food x_x lol but apart from that I'm just a regular shy girl trying to make a name for herself. 

2. So what do you do?

I'm currently working for a consulting company and I'm a PR agent to some celebrities and companies.

3. We heard about your inspiring move, what motivated you to do it?

My friend's mother has cancer so she's going through a tough time and her son is my very good friend so I just did it to show/tell her "I'm here for her"...it might sound silly but she really appreciated it.

4. Did you intend to pass a message across and do people get the message when they look at you?

Not really, I just did it to support my friend's mother. Cancer isn't an easy thing to face.


5. What do people say to you about your new look?

The first thing my friend said to me was "Wow! You cut your hair"... while other people just stared at me. Someone even asked if I was sick.





6. Do you ever regret it?

No, I don't :) Would do it again if I have to!

7. Do you have any advice for girls?

We should motivate and empower ourselves... We don't need any man to save us, as far as we have God in our lives; we can save ourselves.

8) Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I do pray and hope I'll be happily married with 2 lovely kids. Ps: I wouldn't mind actually adopting a child/children if I have enough money, so I can change their story. I hope that my business will be well established, recognized and well known in Nigeria. I also hope to start a charity program for kids with diseases/cancer and children that have been abused sexually and mentally. I know it seems like a lot but I really want to make a difference in Nigeria. I might not be able to change the whole of Nigeria but if I can change at least one person's life and show them that God is faithful and he's all we need then I'll be okay!


Stay inspired!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment