Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Decisions... "What would you do?" series (story1)



I could feel my heart racing from anxiety. My labour was yet to begin and already I was drenched in sweat. I wanted to yell at all the nurses and doctors in the maternity ward; but I knew I had no one but myself to blame for the pain I was feeling.  I clenched my fist as I thought about him, the way he had been so persuasive. Then I remember how I had willingly obliged.

Suddenly, the pain returned but this time it was more intense; unimaginable was the word. I squealed and immediately the doctors and nurses barged into my room. Then next thing I saw was one of the doctors holding what looked like a butcher’s knife “Was he about to cut me open?”  I thought, and immediately I screamed for help.

I woke up to an empty room, without any doctors or nurses; I was in my bedroom- “It was just a dream”, I assured myself. It seemed so real and I couldn’t help but make sure it wasn’t.  I got up hurriedly and turned on the lights. I walked to the mirror and examined my stomach, “no cuts or scars, it was definitely a nightmare!”

Relieved, I turned off the lights and coiled back into bed. It was at that moment that it hit me, “I can’t keep this a secret any longer, my baby bump would start to show soon enough, and everyone would know, my life would be over! My parents would be furious; my friends would all laugh at me, and school! I would have to quit school.  I wish I could stop it from growing. I can stop it from growing! Lots of people do it; it’s not wrong, is it? It should be a choice, my choice!
But they say it’s murder, what kind of person kills her own child? I can’t do that to my baby, although it’s not a baby... it’s just a foetus. I’m really confused and scared, what should I do?”          


What should she do? We would like to know what you would do if you were in this situation. Please leave a comment- Thank you! 


1 comment:

  1. She should pray to God to give her strength to go through with it. once she has God with her she will be blessed, heaven will await her because she chose life for her child- a path many rarely take.

    Abortion is never the answer to unwanted pregnancy, it always brings pain,regret or both later on. On the other hand,its never easy to go through pregnancy alone esp when there is pressure to abort from most people and when one thinks of ones future as well. I believe God will always help such a person once one puts her trust in him.

    ReplyDelete